How to Date an Older Woman Without Being An Idiot
Read more about advantages of dating an older woman here.
Older women are interesting. If she’s older, chances are she’ll be wiser. In my experience, women older than me are monumentally more likely to have their shit sorted and know who they are and where they’re going than younger ones. There are exceptions dating older women to every rule—in fact, rules are mostly nonsense—but one of the best things about growing older is realizing how much more comfortable almost everything is when you have some idea what you’re doing. And that applies to dating as much as anything else.
They also have their secret fantasies, so you will have certainly what to talk about. These lighthearted and cheerful beauties who are older women looking for boys to share their experience.
Family and friends may not approve. There is still all kinds of stigma around dating older women. (We’ll talk more about this later.) Though unfair, the fact remains that sharing your relationship with family and friends may invite negative comments which put a strain on your relationships with them. Women over 40 also enjoy having a partner who is free from the emotional baggage associated with divorce and children.
With age comes wisdom and also confidence. Older women have already gone through their terrible breakups and come out on the other side; they’ve dealt with insecurities over appearance and learned to accept them, or at least accept them better than before. This is one of the greatest benefits of dating an older woman and one that can help build a strong foundation for a relationship.
If the woman is divorced and already has kids or if she’s in her 40s, she’s not going to be on a mission to have you inseminate her. This is a huge benefit if you don’t want kids. Older women especially have established themselves and have their own lives. This means that they tend to be more independent. This is great because you won’t need to worry about a woman trying to cut in on your boys’ nights out and she won’t try to smother you when you need some alone time.
- ” if you know what’s good for you.
- You’ll likely sacrifice many things for someone that you love but it’s worth considering what the future may hold so that you’re fully prepared.
- These qualities can be a welcome change to younger men because women their age tend to be more insecure and sometimes manipulative.
7. Give her the space she needs
1) Just not meeting women that meet your standards and you refuse to settle. 2) Recent breakup or divorce. 3) You’re rusty or shy and want more experiences with amazing women. As seen on OPRAH, bestselling author/relationship expert Susan Winter (Allowing Magnificence and Older Women/Younger Men) specializes in evolutionary forms of loving partnership and higher thinking. She writes, speaks and coaches on accessing our inherent perfection in life and love.
Times have changed, and as a rule society doesn’t tend to judge a woman for pursuing love and sex in the way that it used to. Unfortunately, if you’re a woman of a certain age, having an active sex life is still something that can invite unsolicited opinions.
Ever heard the saying that age is just a number? Well, if you’re a younger man looking to date an older woman, you’ll know that there’s truth in it. Relationships that cross generations are no longer a social taboo and couples with substantial age differences are springing up all over the place.
However, if they see he’s a good guy treating their mom well over the long term, they learn to accept and respect him. They want a woman with whom they share a mature relationship, minus all the headaches of a girl his age. This is where the older woman comes in and finds him charming and fun, but also serious and focused. These are attractive qualities in a partner of any age.
42. She doesn’t want someone who acts your age
This doesn’t apply to everyone, of course. But, if you are living a different lifestyle to the person you’re dating, it will likely lead to conflict. Try to establish what you’re both looking for from the relationship in the early days, so you can be sure you want the same things.