Make an application for a Marriage Licence
To have married in Nova Scotia, you must have a married relationship Licence before a marriage is had by you ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date it is released.
You have to have a wedding Licence to obtain hitched in Nova Scotia. You will need the licence just before have actually a married relationship ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for a few months through the date it is granted.
You can easily go with a religious or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent of one’s option may perform the ceremony that is religious. The representative requirements to be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice for the comfort or judge may perform the ceremony that is civil they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You must have 2 people that are at the very least 16 years witness that is old ceremony.
Certification of wedding
At the time of the ceremony, your representative that is religious regarding the comfort or judge can give you a memento certification. This document just isn’t proof that is legal of.
After a wedding is registered, you can easily submit an application for a formal wedding certification, which will be appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you should be about to get hitched outside of Nova Scotia, you’ll want to contact the jurisdiction where in actuality the marriage service will require spot for certification and enrollment needs.
You will get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older rather than presently hitched. You will need a consent that is signed if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or younger.
Both individuals engaged and getting married need certainly to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form should be witnessed by the agent that is authorized. If both parties aren’t offered to apply in person, contact Vital Statistics. You can easily submit an application for a licence to get hitched in Nova Scotia even though you don’t reside in the province.
How exactly to use
- Browse Access Nova Scotia or even A deputy issuer of marriage Licences in your community.
- Complete the application form form they provide you with.
- Check out the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment together with your application.
- Provide your finished application, supporting papers and re re payment to your Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Offer your wedding Licence to your spiritual representative, justice for the comfort or judge prior to the wedding service.
The length of time it requires
The licence should be got by you straight away. It could just take longer if more info becomes necessary or if your type hasn’t been filled in properly.
Re re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a cheque or cash purchase must be made payable into the Minister of Finance. re Payment choices can vary according to the way you use.
Before you begin
Ensure you have actually:
- Signed piece of government-issued identification and proof of age for both social individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of breakup if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with affidavit
- proof death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of the parents or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Connect with get hitched at a Registry Office
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice stays legitimate for approximately 18 months.
You’ll lodge your Notice and book a consultation to go to an meeting at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, maybe maybe not yet 18, desires to marry ahead of their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to provide a ‘Section 12’ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 people aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding can be lodged ahead of the birthday that is 18th provided that the wedding happens following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of documentation aren’t accepted.
Just how to use
- Check out the eligibility demands.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the documentation that is necessary.
- Choose the ‘Book a scheduled appointment’ switch.
- Enter the needed information.
- Go to your selected registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with payment, and confirm the time and date for the ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately 18 months.
- The lodgement charge is non-refundable.
- If you would like assist in making plans for your Registry wedding ceremony, complete the online Wedding scheduling kind, and also the Registry can get in contact with you.
Re re Payment methods
You are able to review deal re payment choices on our re re payment techniques web page.